- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) has been demonstrated to replenish brain glutathione levels, which is the brain’s major antioxidant.
- NAC has anti-inflammatory activity as well as direct effects on glutamatergic and dopaminergic neurotransmission.
- NAC significantly improved depressive symptoms and functional outcomes in depression, bipolar disorders and schizophrenia due to its antioxidant effects and its ability to increase glutathione production.
- NAC may be successful in treating compulsive behavior like smoking, gambling, obsessive-compulsive disorders and drug addiction.
Zetpil™ Cream Advantage
Zetpil™ delivers nutrition through the skin with the use of deep-penetrating, ultra-absorbable creams that have a unique, proprietary formulated base that has revolutionized not only this mode of delivery, but also the ability to obtain nutrients in a far more efficacious method. These creams are a result of combining natural ingredients with a non-irritating, rapidly absorbable, antioxidant base material and delivering the nutrients directly into the bloodstream in less than 10 minutes in a highly effective manner. Oral supplements are exposed to the hazards of stomach acid, digestive enzymes, food-related breakdown, first pass metabolism, and other bioavailability issues in the gastro-intestinal system.
Additionally, many raw materials simply have a very low bioavailability , and only achieve around 10% or less absorption rates, even if the patient is in optimal health condition. Compromised health, age, or certain conditions that result in an inability to take oral nutrients often preclude these patient populations from obtaining the necessary nutrition to stay healthy which often exacerbates chronic health issues.
Zetpil™ deep penetrating creams, are a NOW solution to delivering the necessary nutrients to patients, on a daily basis, that is both easy and cost effective.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a precursor to the amino acid cysteine. NAC’s beneficial actions are the result of increasing our body’s own glutathione production as well as participating in general antioxidant activities in the body (ie: free radical scavenger). However, there is a catch!
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger, but it is only 4% orally bioavailable. Zetpil™ NAC deep penetrating cream is 20 times more powerful than oral supplementation. This alternate mode of delivery may overcome the low oral bioavailability issues with NAC and allow the health-conscious consumer to achieve higher dosages and benefit from its antioxidant properties.
Important note to patients who have frequent MRIs: The commonly used MRI contrast agent gadolinium has been shown to build up in the body causing significant damage including renal (kidney) dysfunction. NAC has been proven to be advantageous both prior to and following MRI procedures using contrast agents.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine’s Therapeutic Benefits
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) may have the following therapeutic benefits:
- Anti-aging properties due to its ability to act as an antioxidant and scavenge free radicals.
- Act as a precursor for glutathione synthesis (body’s most powerful antioxidant), as well as stimulate enzymes involved in glutathione regeneration. Glutathione production decreases naturally with age and in chronic illnesses and therefore NAC may be effective in diseases/conditions that are the result of reduced glutathione production and oxidative stress.
- Anti-mucolytic actions by decreasing the inflammation associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), influenza (flu) and fluid build-up as a result of the common cold.
- Anti-viral actions, including both helping to prevent the flu as well as decrease its related symptoms. “In a recent study of people supplementing with NAC, only 25% reported flu symptoms versus 79% in the placebo group.”
- Hepato- (liver) protective effects, including its ability to minimize liver damage following accidental Tylenol (acetaminophen) overdoses. NAC is the current frontline antidote (treatment) for acetaminophen overdoses.
- “NAC is nearly 100% hepato-protective when it is given within 8 hours after an acetaminophen (overdose). Failure to administer NAC is considered medically and legally inappropriate.”
- NAC may be successful in treating compulsive behavior (gambling, drugs), depression, and bipolar disorders due to its antioxidant effects and its ability to increase glutathione production.
- NAC may help minimize the side effects associated with cancer treatments due to its antioxidant properties.
|Serving Size: 1 squirt=1/2 teaspoon = 185mg of NAC|
|Amount per Serving:|
|Ingredients: N-Acetyl Cysteine, distilled water, sunflower oil, wheat germ oil, medium chain triglyceride oil, shea butter, rosemary oil extract, grapefruit oil, orange oil and potassium sorbate.|
Dosage and Use: 1 squeeze/squirt is the equivalent of ½ teaspoon = 185mg of NAC. Apply 1-2 squirts on clean, dry skin daily or as directed by healthcare professional.]
- Although safe for children, this product should be kept out of the reach of children.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- For topical use only
- Avoid eyes and mucous membranes
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- If you experience any adverse reaction, discontinue use of the cream and contact your healthcare provider
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is a Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act compliant combination of naturally derived FDA GRAS (Generally regarded As Safe) herbal, nutraceutical, vitamins, minerals and amino acids products legally sold in the USA. In accordance with FDA regulations, when taken orally, this product may be considered a dietary supplement as defined by section 201(ff) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(ff).
Also, this product consists ONLY of a combination of naturally derived FDA GRAS (Generally regarded As Safe) herbal, nutraceutical, vitamins, minerals and amino acids products legally sold in the USA. Therefore, this product cannot be considered a drug as defined in section 201(g)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1). This product is not intended to affect the structure or function of the body and is not intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in man. Any nutritional suggestions and research regarding this product are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease nor should any information provided be used as a substitute for sound medical advice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.